Monday, February 7, 2011

Unique Vintage Locker, painted and styled

When I bought this vintage metal locker, it had a lovely cream painted exterior. The awesome seafoam green interior is exactly the way I found it.

I cleaned it up and got it in the store asap. But, after a couple weeks and no sale, I brought it back to the studio to spruce it up.

I added a layer of black, a layer of cream again, sanded them back and added a dirty black glaze over the top.

Adding a chalk board adds a nice addition to the organizing functions of this unique locker... think mud room, craft room, ...

As I was bringing it into the store I had two passers by inquire about the price. This is sure to find a good home soon. And, as always, if it doesn't sell.... I'd sure love to keep it!

4 comments:

  1. How cute would that be in a laundry room. It just needed you artistic touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,great idea Bren. It would be great in the laundry room. A tall wicker basket inside and a rod to hang shirts too! So many uses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!!!! WOW... You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to your blog. Love how you are into major overhauls! Very talented! We have some mutual friends in the decorative artists world. I wonder if we have met at a Guild meeting...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for visiting!